Monday, June 22, 2009

Artifacts

I really do love stuff from the 19th century. Here are a couple of livery buttons, one depicting a triumphant arm wielding a grappling hook and the other a majestic dragon. I find the images represented to be extremely interesting and have about two dozen different ones in my collection.

Also, check out this nifty pair of French made folding binoculars with compass and signal mirror. I've never seen anything quite like this early survival tool. The guy I bought it from speculated that it may be military in origin but I really do not know for sure. What is certain however is that it is cool as hell and I would think also very rare.




2 comments:

Aaron said...

Some fantastic pics Peter. It is clear you are becoming an extremely talented photographer.

Peter Atwood said...

Thanks Aaron, I'm trying! ;)